Find fun things to do in Sacramento
It’s natural that guests may want to simply cocoon in the sophisticated comforts of Kimpton Sawyer Hotel. But there’s a great big bustling Sacramento out there, full of history, nature and farm-to-fork culinary delights. The local experts on staff are eager and willing to share their favorite things to do in downtown Sacramento and beyond.
- Catch a Kings basketball game, concert or rodeo at the Golden 1 Center next door to Kimpton Sawyer
- Grab a bite and experience dining at Sauced BBQ & Spirits, State Fare Kitchen & Bar, Burger Lounge, Punch Bowl Social or Echo & Rig Butchery Steakhouse all located at Downtown Commons adjacent to Kimpton Sawyer.
- Toast to Sacramento’s 230 days of sunshine at one of the 200 wineries within 60 miles of Sacramento
- Find fresh fare at 50 farmers markets around town
- Travel back in time to Gold Rush days by visiting Sutter’s Fort in Midtown and the 53 historic buildings in the Old Sacramento State Historic Park
- Pedal along Sacramento’s 32 miles of bike paths on one of our custom PUBLIC bikes
- Explore planes, trains and automobiles at the Aerospace Museum of California, California State Railroad Museum and California Automobile Museum
- Stroll and extol the city’s vibrant art scene during the Second Saturday Art Walk
- Explore California through artists’ eyes at the Crocker Art Museum
- Find family-friendly fun at Fairytown and the Sacramento Zoo
- Get adventurous white water rafting down the American River
- Watch the Sacramento River Cats at Sutter Health Park